Friday, October 20, 2006

Croak!

There's a lot of frogging happening here. Rip-it, Rip-it. That's Rip, not rib. Although there's a bit of ribbing going on.
The burgandy wrap sweater started it all. I was going to call it the Wine Wrap Sweater, but it comes out as Whine Wrap Sweater instead. And it's just too hard to say when I'm tired (as if I'm ever any other way). I'm having some gauge rage issues with the row gauge, but I'm hoping that'll keep it on the short side. I unravelled down to the lace on one front piece, got it back on the machine, worked the neck shapings for the next portion....have too many sts left before starting the next section. If it were hk, I'd probaby just fudge it, but I also seemed to end with the carriage on the wrong end. Rip Rip Rip. But I push the LK150 to the back of the desk and I'm using the tension mast from it with the KnitSmart :)
I'm going to rip out this tank top! I made it summer of 2005 while pregnant, on the KnitSmart. Custom fit, just for me, with short rows for the belly and bust, the back was quite a bit smaller than the front. I didn't have enough needles to do the front in one piece, so I added two small lace panels up the sides. It was made with 1824 just as it was discontinued--the only way I could afford it! I had almost enough left over to make a similiar one for my ma, but wasn't happy with the fit of hers. But I've just realized that it fits the gauge for this neat t-shirt. I think that will be a nice use of this yarn!
And, a sneak preview of the next Timeless Tuesday...just in case the scissors come out before then...

Okay, I've tried at least 5 times to load the next picture! I'll try later, it's time to get the kids. Lucy went to a farm today---on a bus! My baby!

1 comment:

Knitaholictoo said...

I love the lace inset!!! Very creative