Saturday, January 04, 2014

Purple Passion

I wanted to give a pair of purple mitts to a little girl that just got a purple "Epic" hat.  I compared the regular lady's pattern to the felted mitten pattern, and adapted that to my size 4 pattern.   I added two rows of fun fur to tie it in with the hat.  After finishing, I found the schematic of a mitt from Ann Budd's Book of Handy Patterns.  The wrist portion, and thumb gusset height on mine seemed a little short, so I stretched it out.  He hand part might be too long (but the over all length is good).

 Of course, I'm on the iPad mini and can't seem to move the photos around.  Below is the pre-felted size.

They are delightful, but I hope the thumb is big enough!

Would you like a pair of felted knit clog slippers or recycled wool sewn mittens?  Head over to my Facebook page to see how you can win!   www.facebook.com/tracykmdesigns

Yarn In:  16 153gr
Yarn Out:  44gr + 15 589 = 15 633gr
Balance:  520 gr more brought IN than out
Cost:  $378.91/365 days = $1.04/day

No comments: