Monday, January 19, 2015

Earless Bear

I got a call from a woman who had seen the 5 bear hoodies I had done, and wanted one for her daughter.  Also aged 6.  Also the same mushroom colour.  And even the same button.  Which I couldn't find, so I used a similar one.

Don't have much to say about it, but I thought this time I might write down the actual details so I don't have to do another swatch and math again.

9mm hook (for me, it's the one with the black dot on the end).  Cozy Wool.  Chain 46.  Single crochet 45stitches, for 14 rows, decreasing down to 41sc on rows 13 and 14.  Cut yarn.  Find middle stitch, and start yarn again one stitch beside it.  Work around, single crochet, joining the two halves at the back and working around to that centre stitch, leaving it.  Work these 40sts for 12.5".  Sew the top seam, loosely so it blends, and steam.  Sew the lower back seam, leaving the bottom inch open.  Don't forget the button and your tag.  283grams means THREE  balls of Cozy Wool for size 6-8.  Luckily, I had some left from another ball, and I worked it into the main part of the hood.  I really could not see a difference in the dye lots.

Yarn In:  500gr
Yarn Out: 283gr + 496gr = 779gr
Balance: 279gr more USED than bought
Costs:  $21.19/19 days = $1.12/day

No comments: