Thursday, January 08, 2015

Okay!

I bought myself some yarn on Tuesday.  So, I lasted six days into the new year.  I was shopping for yarn for an order, and at a little yarn store.  There was a great ball of baby yarn in the sale bin!  Then I realized I didn't have any cash and didn't want to put $5 on debit at a small store.  I didn't want to walk out either.  Then I found the cubby with some Patons "Divine".  I love this yarn.  I knew I had some of the other colours but that I was pretty much out of the ivory. The other yarn is Cascade Yarns "Pinwheel", in blues.  A  white and striping blues, twirl.  So, I got three balls of ivory.  $21.19, 500gr.

Yarn In:  500gr
Yarn Out:  200gr
Balance: 300gr more BOUGHT than used
Costs:  $21.19/8 days = $2.65/day


So, I'll have to go without buying until about Jan 15 to get it back down to the $1.41/day range.  And I'm still looking for yarn for that order.  I have some, but just don't think it's quality enough.  But trying to find the right colour, and the right gauge (so I don't have to mess with the pattern), AND be very soft....difficult!!!   Especially since the pattern calls for Red Heart which is 17st/inch and a fairly stiff yarn, and most of the really nice yarns use 18st/4" as a standard gauge, and the soft ones might still feel too wimpy if he's looking for a thick hat.  

No comments: