Tuesday, February 03, 2015

A week?

Really?  It's been just over a week since I wrote last?  What have I been doing?!  Working on the Rude Robot hat (for some reason, I just could not do a top down hat in single crochet!).  Working on another earless hooded cowl.  Ummm.   Working on a Pocket Bear--it's finished, and I'm working on a matching romper for it.  Just running around, living life.  Went to do something in my son's room (he's 14) and ended up spending an hour and a half cleaning it!  Things like that.

Here's a little project I worked on over the weekend.  I saw on Pinterest a pattern for reusable cotton pads--for removing makeup, etc.  We go through a lot due to the girls and their nail polish addiction.  So I thought I'd give it a try.

Not a great photo, taken with the iPad.  It was great for using up some small bits of cotton.  These 16 took a total of 53gr, or an average of 3.31gr per pad (I didn't weigh the tail ends that got cut off, but given that cotton is heavy, I'm going to round this up to 55gr).  The Pinterest one that got me started is the "puff" stitch one...in the white pads, it's at 3:00 and 6:00 and at 4:00 in the beige.  Then I found the flower pattern one, and then just ad libbed from there, with circles in sc and dc and altering the flowers slightly.  The puff stitch ones are pretty thick feeling, and the single crochet ones are a bit flimsy feeling.  If you're using these for nail polish remover, you'd probably want to double up or be careful when apply the remover to the pads.  These two sets are for sale, and I'll probably do more sets.  Also, for those women that use a reusable menstrual cup, the larger ones can be used as cup coasters :)

Yarn In:  500gr
Yarn Out: 55gr + 1014gr = 1069gr
Balance: 569gr more USED than bought
Costs:  $21.19/34 days = $0.62/day

No comments: