Friday, February 06, 2015

Mitten String!

Mitten strings are not just for four year olds!  My 14 year old son lost a favourite mitten this winter.  My nine year old daughter just lost one yesterday.  There's a period of time where childish things are childish and unacceptable.  And then we grow up and realize that some of these ideas were a good thing.  Like mitten strings.  You might not catch a 14 year old with mittens on a string, but a 30+ woman with a new pair of Canada Goose mittens?  She was all over it like a toddler and a sucker!

8grams of Patons "Astro", double stranded, crocheted with a 6mm hook.  I did it double stranded so that there would be two tails at each end, for tying through the size loop inside the mitten.  I added an extra knot to the slip knot end, so that the other end would be easier to notice, as it's the end that could be shortened if the string was too long or started to stretch too much.  And I didn't know exactly how long she would need it.  I hope they keep her mittens safe and secure!

Yarn In:  500gr
Yarn Out: 8gr + 1069gr = 1077gr
Balance: 577gr more USED than bought
Costs:  $21.19/ days = $0.57/day

No comments: